POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : YouTube : Re: YouTube Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: YouTube
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 30 Oct 2008 04:52:38
Message: <490975d6$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

> Clearly uploading uncompressed video is infeasible.

I just tried taking my test video and encoding it as MPEG1. On one hand,
the file shrank from 730 MB to 6 MB. On the other hand, the picture is
now fuzzy and indistinct. But no matter how much I turn up the bitrate,
the file size remains the same. *sigh*

Still, I needn't have worried. Once I uploaded the video to YouTube, it
became completely unrecognisible:

   http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_-JbSpGve_c

You now cannot even tell what it *is*! o_O

Clearly I am wasting my time here...

Don't ask me why, but I was expecting better. Oh well, I guess I should
just give up on this as a bad job. Even if I could figure out how to
upload my movie, if it's going to become unrecognisible like this then
there's really no point to it.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/